Mr. Nguyen Trong Duong is the Director of VNCERT Center, a Government CyberSecurity Coordination Center, belonged to the Ministry of Information and Communications of Vietnam (MIC). Mr. Nguyen Trong Duong was also the Director General of the IT Department of MIC from 2009 to 2015.
VNCERT is a Government agency that serves multiple purposes such as coordinating all information security organizations to response to cyber security incidents in Vietnam; monitoring IT security for e-government systems and the computer networks over the country, in order to oversee and protect the community. VNCERT takes contribution in regulating and creating policies, strategies, overall plans, projects to promote and improving information security in Vietnam. VNCERT is the contact point of Vietnam in cybersecurity international cooperation. VNCERT assists Minister of MIC to implement the functions of MIC in technical deployment of national cybersecurity activities.
As the leader of VNCERT, Mr. Duong has been leading a network of incident response teams to protect the most critical information.
Mr. Duong graduated as an Engineer in Signals Control in Hanoi, Vietnam; Received Graduate Diploma in Communication Systems in Melbourne, Australia; Achieved Master of Engineering Science in Telecommunication Engineering also in Melbourne, Australia.
Mr.Nguyen Trong Duong’s short profile:
- Policy maker in the Department of IT Industry since 2003 for Ministry of Post and Telematics (former name of Ministry of Information and Communications of Vietnam) as a
- Deputy Director General of IT Department of MIC in 2007 and Director General of the IT Department. (2009)
- Chief of the Office of the National Steering Committee of Information and Communications (NSC-ICT), Government of Vietnam.
- Director General of VNCERT Center in 2015.
- Manager of the Government Projects (2000-2003) for FPT Corporation, one of the biggest Vietnam ICT Corporation.
- Electronic Design Engineer (1991-1994) for Member Company of the General Corporation of Electronic and Information Technology of Vietnam.
- Manager of the Electronic Factory (1994-1996); Director of Technical and Productivity Department (1995-1999).